Secret Soviet Bunker in Latvia & WWII Front Line
This tour takes you to one of the most secret Soviet Latvia military objects - Līgatne Bunker and front line of historic World War II battle between Latvian legion soldiers and Soviet army was fought. During this tour you will see WWII weapons, different war attributes, vehicles, trenches and the bunker, for Latvia USSR political elite, built during the Cold War.
Price & Booking
Price: from 38 Eur per person*
- Entrance fee to bunker
- Hotel pick up and dropf off
*Price is provided for the complete groups! To get quote for your group size click "+ Book This Tour"!
About this tour
This tour will be interesting for those who are interested in history and different military legacy, specially Soviet military technology and attributes.
This tour is available also without the More Battle Museum, in this case please inform us during the booking process.
- The Secret Soviet Bunker of Līgatne
Within the territory of the rehabilitation centre "Ligatne", a well-equipped Soviet bunker is located 9 metres underground which was declassified only in 2003. It was constructed in the 1980s for the needs of the political and power elite for governing the state in the case of a chemical or nuclear attack
In the bunker you will be witness off:
- Plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydropower stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water and how that would affect largest towns;
- Autonomous electrical station with diesel ģenerators and fuel reservoirs;
- Conditioning equipment for air purification;
- Water supply and sewerage equipment which operates in accordance with submarine principle;
- Special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country;
- Books by Marx, Lenin, Brezhnev and other Soviet times politicians;
- Unique map with historic names of collective farms;
- Materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
- Canteen with a typical Soviet menu;
- Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and daily items.
- More Battle Museum
Located in the place where, during World War II, from 26 September to 6 October 1944 fierce battles between Latvian legion soldiers and soldiers of the Soviet Army took place.
Museum hosts excibition of the objects found on the battle field and the recorded materials regarding this episode of war.
In More you will see:
- a tank and other historical testimonies
- the weapons found on the battle field
- battle front line
- war trenches
- monuments dedicated to war
- a model of More battle
Accurate map of the journey
Vidzeme (Northern Latvia)